This page contains information on American Cruise Lines ships schedule and cruises prices comparison. The ACL cruise line is an USA small-ship cruise company founded in 1991 and headquartered in Guilford, Connecticut, USA.
The line currently operates 6 small passenger ships sailing almost exclusively on USA cruises – along the East Coast, Alaska and US rivers.
One of the most prominent features of all American Cruise Lines ships is that they are all US-flagged and built/refurbished in USA (by the Chesapeake Shipbuilding company (Salisbury, Maryland).
American Cruise Lines Review
Being a true American line (all its vessels are registered in the US), ACL means all American hotel staff and crews, American taxes on all-American ships deals. Generally, ACL sells a not so cheap product consisting of:
- larger than average staterooms (with the first (only) balcony cabins in the US coastal cruise business)
- spacious public rooms (bars & lounges)
- gourmet cuisine
- highly personalized service
- hassle-free experiences, complimentary drinks before dinner, intimate, relaxing and friendly atmosphere
- amazingly charming itineraries sailing the inland waterways and stopping at ports every day (these are smaller ports inaccessible to larger vessels)
- an evening enrichment program by professional on-board lecturers
- the cruise ship “Queen of the Mississippi” debuted in 2012 as the largest of all ACL ships
- fellow guests - ACL attracts an older clientele from all regions of the USA and Canada (with a high number of repeat passengers), kids are rare, although the New England and Maine sailings in the Summer may draw younger guests.
- Official website – AmericanCruiseLines.com
- And the line’s page at Wikipedia.
American Cruise Lines 2014 shore excursions for free
Any American Cruise Line’s guest booking USA river cruise in 2014 on Mississippi or Columbia rivers will get an absolutely free shore excursions. This amazing offer is an year-round deal. These free shore tours are offered in each port of call. The tours list includes:
- “Battle of Vicksburg” (in Vicksburg, Mississippi)
- “Oak Valley Plantation” (in Oak Alley, Louisiana)
- “Mark Twain Boyhood Home-Museum” (in Hannibal, Missouri)
- “Mount St Helens” (in Rainier, Washington)
- “Winery” (in Richland, Washington).
List of all American Cruise Lines small ships (Year Built/Passenger Capacity/Cabins_total)
- ms American Glory (2002 / 49 / 27)
- ms American Spirit (2005 / 100 / 47)
- ms American Star (2007 / 100 / 47)
- ms Independence (2009 / 104 / 52)
- ms Queen of the Mississippi (2012 / 150 / 76)
- ms Queen of the West (1995 / 120 / 70).
American Cruise Lines ship cruises are an affordable alternative to the top luxury all-inclusive river ships. These deals are a great option for passengers who like to sail in more sheltered waters, and also for first-timers. The ACL as a product is an excellent choice for those who really appreciate the small ship luxury cruise travel for its charmingly beautiful destinations, unique itineraries, impeccable service and like-home comfortable environment. If you like our ACL river cruises surveys, you can vote for them via the social buttons below each article. Happy ACL river boat adventures!