This page contains information on¬†American Cruise Lines ships schedule and cruises prices comparison. The ACL cruise line is an USA small-ship cruise company founded in 1991 and headquartered in Guilford, Connecticut, USA.
The line currently operates 6 small passenger ships sailing almost exclusively on USA cruises – along the East Coast, Alaska and US rivers.
One of the most prominent features of all American Cruise Lines ships is that they are all US-flagged and built/refurbished in USA (by the¬†Chesapeake Shipbuilding company (Salisbury, Maryland).
American Cruise Lines Review
Being a true American line (all its vessels are registered in the ¬†US), ACL means all¬†American hotel staff and crews, American taxes on all-American ships¬†deals. Generally, ACL sells a not so cheap product consisting of:
- larger than average staterooms (with the first¬†(only) balcony cabins in the US coastal cruise business)
- spacious public rooms (bars & lounges)
- highly personalized service
- hassle-free experiences,¬†complimentary drinks before dinner, intimate,¬†relaxing and friendly atmosphere
- amazingly charming itineraries sailing the¬†inland waterways¬†and stopping at ports every day (these are¬†smaller ports inaccessible to larger vessels)
- an evening enrichment program by professional¬†on-board lecturers
- the cruise ship “Queen of the Mississippi” debuted in 2012 as the largest of all ACL ships
- fellow guests -¬†ACL attracts an older clientele from all regions of the USA and Canada (with a high number of repeat passengers), kids are rare, although the New England and Maine sailings in the Summer may draw younger guests.
- Official website – AmericanCruiseLines.com
- And the line’s page at Wikipedia.
American Cruise Lines 2014 shore excursions for free
Any American Cruise Line’s¬†guest booking USA river cruise in 2014 on¬†Mississippi or Columbia rivers will get an absolutely¬†free shore excursions. This amazing offer is an year-round deal. These¬†free shore tours are offered in each port of call. The tours list includes:
- “Battle of Vicksburg” (in Vicksburg, Mississippi)
- “Oak Valley Plantation” (in Oak Alley, Louisiana)
- “Mark Twain Boyhood Home-Museum” (in Hannibal, Missouri)
- “Mount St Helens” (in Rainier, Washington)
- “Winery” (in Richland, Washington).
List of all American Cruise Lines small ships¬†(Year Built/Passenger Capacity/Cabins_total)
- ms American Glory (2002 / 49 / 27)
- ms American Spirit (2005 / 100 / 47)
- ms American Star (2007 / 100 / 47)
- ms Independence (2009 / 104 / 52)
- ms Queen of the Mississippi (2012 / 150 / 76)
- ms¬†Queen of the West (1995 / 120 / 70).
American Cruise Lines ship cruises are an affordable alternative to the top luxury all-inclusive river ships. These deals are a great option for passengers who like to sail in more¬†sheltered waters, and also for first-timers. The ACL as a product is an¬†excellent¬†choice for those who really appreciate the small ship luxury cruise travel for its charmingly beautiful destinations, unique itineraries,¬†impeccable¬†service and like-home comfortable¬†environment. If you like our¬†ACL river cruises surveys, you can vote for them via the social buttons below each article. Happy ACL river boat adventures!