This page contains information on Carnival Cruise Lines ships schedules for 2016, 2017 and 2018 – itineraries, destinations, cruise calendar, sailing dates and routes, cruise prices to compare on sailings to Caribbean, Bahamas and Bermuda, Hawaii and Mexico Riviera, Alaska, Australia, Asia, Europe.
Carnival Cruises 2016-2017-2018 itineraries
NEWS: During winter 2017-2018 season, Carnival Spirit will be repositioned to China to offer Asia cruises round-trip from Shanghai (home-port). The seasonal redeployment is due to a scheduled drydock refurbishment in Singapore. Spirit has been homeported in Sydney Australia since 2012 performing strongly on the local market. The decision makes Spirit the first ever Carnival cruise ship departing from China. The ship will return to Australia in spring 2018 to continue the previous year-round itinerary program from Sydney. The other Carnival Asia ship is Carnival Splendor (to be repositioned in spring 2018).
NEWS: In 2018, Carnival Legend will be home-ported in Melbourne Australia (for the period February-March 2018). During that time, the ship will offer a total of 6 round-trip itineraries – three 3-night “Cruise to Nowhere” short breaks, one 4-night cruise to Tasmania, one 10-night to South Pacific islands and one 11-night around New Zealand.
NEWS: Carnival will operate cruises in Europe (starting in 2018) with the line’s newest Vista-class ship (still unnamed). The new vessel, which is currently under construction in Italy, is of the same design as the new Carnival Vista.
Follows the list of all Carnival ships – in brackets are shown (Year Built/Weight/Passenger Capacity/Cabins_total).
Note: Soon here will be added a review of the Carnival cruise itinerary program, destinations and ports (departure/home-ports, and ports of call).
- Carnival Breeze (2012 / 130,000t / 3690 / 1845)
- Carnival Conquest (2002 / 110,000t / 2984 / 1487)
- Carnival Dream (2009 / 130,000t / 3646 / 1823)
- Carnival Ecstasy (1991 / 70,370t / 2056 / 1028)
- Carnival Elation (1998 / 70,370t / 2052 / 1024)
- Carnival Fantasy (1990 / 70,370t / 2056 / 1028)
- Carnival Fascination (1994 / 70,370t / 2052 / 1026)
- Carnival Freedom (2007 / 110,000t / 2974 / 1487)
- Carnival Glory (2003 / 110,000t / 2974 / 1485)
- Carnival Imagination (1995 / 70,370t / 2052 / 1008)
- Carnival Inspiration (1996 / 70,370t / 2052 / 1026)
- Carnival Legend (2002 / 88,500t / 2124 / 1063) – Alaskan cruises from Seattle, South Pacific (islands, Australia and New Zealand) cruises from Sydney and Melbourne
- Carnival Liberty (2004 / 110,000t / 2978 / 1489)
- Carnival Magic (2011 / 130,000t / 3690 / 1845)
- Carnival Miracle (2004 / 88,500t / 2124 / 1062) – Hawaii-Mexican Riviera from Los Angeles (2016-2017)
- Carnival Paradise (1998 / 70,370t / 2052 / 1026)
- Carnival Pride (2002 / 88,500t / 2124 / 1062)
- Carnival Sensation (1993 / 70,370t / 2056 / 1026)
- Carnival Spirit (2001 / 85,900t / 2124 / 1062) – Australia cruises from Sydney, excepting during winter 2017-2018 (Asia cruises from Shanghai China)*
- Carnival Splendor (2008 / 113,000t / 3006 / 1503) – Caribbean from Miami (2016-2017), to be repositioned to China-Asia (2018)*
- Carnival Sunshine (2013 / 101,350t / 3006 / 1503)
- Carnival Triumph (1999 / 101,500t / 2758 / 1379)
- Carnival Valor (2004 / 110,000t / 2974 / 1481)
- Carnival Victory (2000 / 101,500t / 2758 / 1379)
- Carnival Vista (2016 / 141,000t / 3954 / 1823) Mediterranean Inaugural cruise season, Transatlantic, Eastern-Western-Southern Caribbean cruise itineraries departing from Miami FL
- New ship (Vista-class) will be launched in 2018.
- Carnival repositioning cruises (ship relocation itineraries)
*Note: Carnival established operations in China via a partnership with its local subsidiary company Costa Asia, which has been in China since 2008.
On February 11, Carnival opened reservations through April 2018 for the line’s entire cruise fleet. The 2016-2017-2018 program offers over 3500 itineraries raging in length from 2 to 19-nights (on 24 ships, including the new Vista ship debuting May 1, 2016). Of those, over 2500 itineraries are bookable as short cruise deals (duration between 2 and 5 days). These include departures from Miami (Victory) and Port Canaveral (Valor) with 4- and 5-day Bahamas itineraries.
- The program offers over 70 destinations around the world and departures from nearly 20 different home-ports in North America.
- There are a total of 22 “Carnival Journeys” itineraries (longer in length) plus 13 “Bermuda” cruises leaving out of USA East Coast ports.
- There are 2 Carnival Panama Canal cruises (with partial transition) on Carnival Pride (out of Baltimore, Jan 2017) and out of Tampa (Feb 2017).
- New deployments for 2018 (departure ports) are the Carnival Breeze 7-day cruises from Galveston TX, Carnival Magic 7-day cruises from Port Canaveral, and Carnival Triumph 4- and 4-day Mexico cruises from NOLA (New Orleans).
- New Carnival Cozumel excursions (by the Cozumel Plus” program) offer longer land tour experiences. Cozumel Mexico is included as port of call in over 750 Western Caribbean cruise itineraries. The land tour programming includes snorkeling (Xel-Ha Park), “Secret River” (caverns exploration), Mayan ruins (Chichen Itza). Tours as length vary from 4 to 8 hours, and feature new local tour operator partnerships. Accordingly, Carnival ships will offer extended port stays to accommodate the longer excursions. The new itineraries are marked at the line’s website as “Cozumel Plus”.
Carnival Journeys cruise itineraries 2016-2017
Since 2015, Carnival Cruise Line offers the so called “Carnival Journeys” itineraries. These are longer than usual sailings with length ranging between 9 and 15 nights and some of them are one-ways (relocation cruises). “Carnival Journeys” offer more in-depth port of call experiences than the shorter itineraries of 7-8 nights. Among the highlights are live entertainment and exotic culinary experiences that reflect the local cuisine and cultural traditions.
The onboard “journey” experiences feature local cuisine specialties served in the Main Dining Room, cooking demonstration, Academy of Fun (expert lectures), traditional dance performances, themed deck parties, crew connections (opportunities to connect with the ship’s staff and crew).
The new 2016-2017 Carnival itinerary program “Carnival Journeys” to feature destinations, such as Hawaii, Caribbean, Panama Canal. Follows the list (updated) of such voyages and the ships on which they can be booked:
- August 25, 2016 (SUNSHINE) 9-day round-trip NYC New York
- September 13, 2016 (LEGEND) 10-day Alaska repositioning from Vancouver to Honolulu Hawaii
- October 15, 2016 (MIRACLE) 15-day round-trip Long Beach Los Angeles
- November 5, 2016 (VISTA) 11-day round-trip NYC New York
- November 16, 2016 (VISTA) 11-day repositioning from NYC New York to Miami
- November 26, 2016 (MIRACLE) 15-day round-trip Long Beach Los Angeles
- January 2, 2017 (PRIDE) 13-day repositioning from Baltimore to Tampa
- January 14, 2017 (MIRACLE) 15-day round-trip Long Beach Los Angeles
- February 26, 2017 (PRIDE) 14-day repositioning from Tampa to Baltimore
- April 19, 2017 (LEGEND) 11-day Alaska repositioning from Honolulu Hawaii to Vancouver
- May 15, 2017 (SUNSHINE) 10-day round-trip Charleston
- September 12, 2017 (LEGEND) 10-day Alaska repositioning from Vancouver to Honolulu Hawaii
The current list of passenger shipping lines offering cruises to Cuba in 2016-2017-2018 includes:
- Carnival-fathom (ship MV Adonia, leaving from Miami Florida)
- Royal Caribbean (ship Empress of the Seas, leaving from Miami Florida)
- MSC Cruises (ship MSC Opera, leaving from Havana)
- Compagnie du Ponant (yacht ship Le Ponant, leaving from Miami Florida)
- Pearl Seas Cruises (ship Pearl Mist, leaving from Fort Lauderdale Florida)
- Lindblad Expeditions (chartered sailing ship MS Panorama II, leaving from Havana)
- Celestyal Cruises (ship Celestyal Crystal, leaving from Havana and Montego Bay Jamaica)
- International Expeditions (leaving from Havana, charter flights out of Miami)
- Note: According to the current Cuban law, US citizens of Cuban origin (born in Cuba) are not allowed to visit the island country (including on cruise ships). Regardless of their US citizenship status, Cuban-born Americans were denied booking on cruise itineraries visiting ports in Cuba. However, the situation changed in April 2016, after Carnival Corporation negotiated with the Cuban government for allowing ships with Cuban-born passengers, as such US citizens are allowed to visit the country on USA-Cuba charter flights. The Carnival-fathom line started Miami to Cuba cruises in May 2016.
Carnival Cruise Line
CCL (founded 1972, headquarters in Miami) is the largest cruise company in the world. Some of the best features of this line are:
- great cuisine, multiple dining options
- amazing kids program
- spacious beautifully decorated public spaces and staterooms (one of the largest on ships)
- high quality amenities, including terry robes, the “Comfort Bed” sleep system (deluxe mattresses, duvets, linens, pillows, and Suite guests can choose from a “pillow menu”)
- a huge variety of cabin types in several stateroom categories
- a “vacation guarantee” program allowing guests unhappy with their sailing to disembark at the first call port and get a refund
- senior discounts via AARP.
- a great choice for cruise ship weddings at sea
- great golf cruise packages
- short and really cheap to absolutely cheapest cruises to Caribbean and Mexico Riviera
- innovative ship designs and construction methods, top-notch technologies
- Since 2007, CCL has been spending big money on fleet upgrades and refurbishments. The “Evolutions of Fun” initiative cost was US$350 mil on 8 Fantasy-class ships (new deck spaces, “WaterWorks” aqua park with water-slides, kids facilities). The “Fun Ship 2.0” initiative cost US$500 mill (launched in 2011) – new themed bars and lounges, new dining venues and clubs, transforming cabins. The biggest part of this program is the 2013 Carnival Destiny transformation into Carnival Sunshine at the staggering cost of US$155 mill for a 49-day dry-dock refit and refurbishment.
- destinations and departure ports: Alaska (from Seattle), Australia (Carnival Spirit), Canada/New England (Fall Foliage cruises from New York and Boston), Caribbean cruises from Florida ports – Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Fort Lauderdale & Port Canaveral, also from New Orleans LA, Galveston TX, San Juan PR, Charleston SC, Baltimore MD, Norfolk VA & NYC), Bermuda (from NYC), Transatlantic (always one-way, from USA ports to Mediterranean in Spring and the reverse in Fall), Europe (Western and Eastern Mediterranean from Barcelona and Venice & Baltic Sea from Dover/England), Baja Mexico, Mexican Riviera and Hawaii (from LA/Long Beach, California).
- clientele – mostly Americans (30% under 35, 40% between 35 and 55, 30% over 55).
- And at the following link you can compare the CCL’s major rival in the “Carnival vs Royal Caribbean” series – Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines (ships list, and our review of the “RCCL Cruise” experience.
The Carnival cruise company (CCL) is spending over US$500 million on ships renovations, overhauls and enhancements fleet-wide. “The World’s Most Popular Cruise Line” operates sailings to more than 60 most popular destinations with the world’s biggest fleet of modern ships, a huge variety of interesting ports of call, convenient close-to-home departures from US ports, great amenities and “most fun” activities on board and on shore excursions. The new Fun Ship 2.0 refurbishments and product enhancements are resulting in fully remodeled accommodations, new designs for public areas, new bars and lounges, upgraded amenities, as well as upgraded and brand new entertainment and dining options, new packages and special offers. Kids-only, Adults-only and family areas, great variety of cabin types and categories, some of the largest Spa at sea and all that at affordable to really cheapest fares – CCL’s “Fun Ships” have never been so much fun as they are now!
Follows a list of external links (opening in new tabs) to:
- official website Carnival.Com
- parent company Carnival Corporation & PLC
- shipbuilding company Fincantieri (Cantieri Navali SpA)
- CCL is a member of the World’s Leading Cruise Lines group
- one-way Carnival ships relocation cruises at RepositionCruises.Com
- Carnival deck plans and cabins at CruiseShipDeckPlan.Com
Our Carnival cruise ships schedules will help you to plan better your “Carnival Fun” vacations both as cruise dates and cruise prices. You will know exactly where and when your Carnival ship will be and also how much is a Carnival cruise cost in general. You can vote for us and share this free of charge information with your friends at Google+ and Facebook via the “social buttons” below each survey. Enjoy our website, and always happy sailings!