This page contains information on Costa Cruises (Costa cruise line) ships sailing schedules and itineraries for 2015 and 2016 – Costa Crociere destinations, cruise calendar, sailing dates and routes, cruise prices to compare.
Costa Crociere (popularly known as Costa Cruises) is a British-American corporate owned cruise line – a brand name of the Carnival Corporation & plc. This Italian cruise company is based in Genoa, and was founded in the late 1854 originally operating freighters (cargo ships) in the region of Mediterranean. In 1947 the company started its first cargo passenger services with regular Transatlantic crossings between South America and Italy to became one of the biggest European cruise travel companies. In 200 the Costa cruise line was acquired by Carnival Corp – to account now for about 16% of the corporate revenue. Now about what makes the Costa line so uniquely special:
- the “Cruising Italian Style” trademark, festive, elegant and different in ambiance
- modern ships, worldwide itinerary program
- the Costa line’s largest cruise ship ever is debuting in 2014 under the name of Costa Diadema (132,500 tons).
- list of cruise destinations – Caribbean, South America, Transatlantic crossings, Atlantic, Pacific and Indian oceans, Asia, Arabian Gulf (Red Sea and Dubai) and Europe with Mediterranean and Black Sea, Baltic Sea and Norwegian Fjords.
- port-intensive itineraries
- multinational clientele of mostly Europeans from Italy, France, Spain and Portugal, also from UK and Germany. During summer about 80% of all guests on board your ship sailing in the Caribbean or South America most probably will be North Americans (mostly from USA), while on its itineraries in Europe the North Americans are about 20%., with 80% passengers from European countries.
- diverse nightlife with a great set of evening entertainment options on board
- alternative dining options, including a Kids Menu, unlimited soda card, Pizzeria, Ice Cream, chocolate parties
- Mediterranean-influenced cuisine, regional fine wines, traditional Italian experiences
- uniquely prepared dishes – the Ettore Bocchia’s “molecular cuisine” , also offering cooking with liquid nitrogen
- the best European cruise line for families with kids – the line’s “Club Squok” children program offers many popular activities, including kids arts and crafts, various tournaments, evening parties and themed dinners just for kids, complimentary babysitting,
- special onboard experiences: on Costa Cruise Lines ships (especially during Summer) Southern Europeans are true holiday fun makers – they dance by the pool and in all the bars and move around in large packs, kids swarm all over the pool areas (including the adult-only pools) and absolutely everybody (whatever the age) goes to bed late. It’s a big happy family experience on most of Costa’s ships, so if you don’t like crowded ships, children or noise, it would be a better choice to travel in low season.
- external links:
- List of one-way Costa Crociere relocation cruises at RepositionCruises.com
- official (international) website CostaCruise.com
- Italian website CostaCrociere.it
- shipbuilding company Fincantieri (Cantieri Navali SpA)
- corporate owner’s website CarnivalCorp.com
Costa cruises 2015-2016 schedule
Follows the list of all Costa cruise ships in the Costa Crociere fleet. The information in brackets shows (Year Built/Passenger Capacity/Cabins_total):
- Costa Atlantica (2000 / 2680 / 1057)
- Costa Classica / neoClassica (1991 / 1680 / 648)
- Costa Deliziosa (2010 / 2826 / 1130)
- Costa Diadema (2014)
Costa Fascinosa (2012 / 3780 / )
- Costa Favolosa (2011 / 3800 / 1546)
- Costa Fortuna (2003 / 3470 / 1344)
- Costa Luminosa (2009 / 2260 / 1130)
- Costa Magica (2004 / 3740 / 1344)
- Costa Mediterranea (2003 / 2680 / 1057)
- Costa neoRiviera (ex ms Mistral/Grand Mistral, 1999 / 1727 / 624)
- Costa neoRomantica (1993 / 1800 / )
- Costa Pacifica (2009 / 3780 / 1487)
- Costa Serena (2007 / 3780 / 1483)
- Costa Victoria (1996 / 2394 / 964)
- Costa Voyager (2000 / 927 / 415)
Our Costa cruise ships schedules (Costa Crociere ships articles) will help you in planning better your “Italian Fun” vacations in 2014-2015 knowing all Costa cruise sailing dates and tickets prices – where, when and for how long your Costa ship will sail, but also for how much. You can vote for our Costa pages and share their free of charge data with all your friends via our “social buttons” below each Costa article. Enjoy our website, and always happy sailings with your very Italian Costa line!