This page contains information on¬†Disney Cruise Line ships schedules for 2014 and 2015 – compare sail dates, itineraries, destinations, and the Disney cruise prices per person. Disney Cruise Line (often referred to simply as Disney Cruises) is a brand name of¬†the “Magical Cruise Company Ltd – a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company.
As a cruise company, Disney was wounded in 1996. The company’s main headquarters¬†are in UK (London), while its¬†operational headquarters are in USA, Florida/Celebration).¬†
Disney Cruise Line has a nearly 3% share of the global¬†cruise travel market.
Disney Cruise Lines Review
Or what makes all Disney cruise ship vacations so uniquely distinctive as a sea travel experience:
- Four affordable as rates and really big luxury ships, awarded many times “best cruise ships for ¬†kids”.¬†These passenger ships are the industry’s first to be designed and built as family cruise ships. One of their prominent features are that unlike most big cruise liners they don’t have casinos and libraries on board. Another “specialty” is the ship’s horns playing themed Disney melodies in addition to their traditional horns. Disney ships very often sail at nearly full capacity.
- internationally renowned as the world’s absolutely best cruise line for families with small children. There are¬†accommodations¬†on Disney ships that hold 6 guests (plus lots of adjoining cabins for bigger families), all staterooms have extra storage space, split bathrooms and¬†bathtubs, and about 45% ¬†of all OceaView cabins have private balconies. Along with all the families, on Disney ships there are also numerous¬†honeymooners and couples without kids¬†appreciating the affordable prices,¬†over-sized¬†cabins and adults-only serenity areas.
- list of Disney cruise destinations – Bahamas, Caribbean, Europe, Alaska, Canada/New England, and on ships relocation – Panama Canal, Transatlantic and USA (Pacific & Atlantic Coastal).
- a private island in The Bahamas and¬†an exclusive call port only for the Disney ships – “Castaway Cay”. Acquired in 1996, this Bahamian island is a private property¬†of The Walt Disney Company. It took over 18 months and millions of Disney dollars to develop this place, and it’s the only one of all cruise lines private islands that have its own pier, allowing the Disney ships to dock¬†alongside – which means no tenders are needed for embarkation/disembarkation.
- Disney “land and cruise” packages – this is another unique option on this line with combined cruise and land tours starting in Port Canaveral and Los Angeles – special deals to enjoy a¬†Disneyland vacation and an exotic itinerary, such as Bahamas or Alaska.
- uniquely special entertainment in¬†specially¬†designed facilities – “Walt Disney Theater” (and its “Disney Digital 3D”), “Buena Vista Cinema”, “Studio Sea”/”D Lounge” (family games lounges), swimming pools (including a kids-only pool with the Mickey¬†water-slide) and an¬†adults-only pool (on the new ships), adults-only¬†decks, the “AquaDuck” water-park with its¬†watercoaster (a transparent tube that goes up and down 4 decks), a Wellness/Spa complex.
- alluring hospitality and¬†an impressive level of service,¬†- just like with their other bussiness, Disney really¬†pays attention to all details and amenities¬†so that your vacation with them is as perfect as possible
- gourmet cuisine at the “Palo” (an¬†Italian¬†specialty restaurant) and “Remy” (French restaurant)
- amazing children’s program,¬†babysitting services and a nursery on each ship (toddlers 3-months old and up), with the longest operating hours and the absolutely lowest rates compared to any other line. Caring¬†youth counselors, Disney¬†character greetings and¬†surprise visits, plus an¬†entire deck for children activities is a feature no other line or operator can ever afford to boast.
- rotational dining system allowing guests to visit each night a different dining room on board without changing their serving staff, plus the “Dine & Play” family dining service by which kids’ meals are served at a faster pace so kids can leave the table early to enjoy their activities, plus the complimentary coffee-tea-soda 24-hour a day¬†- which additionally contributes to your overall vacation experience!
- external links:
- review of Disney cruise itinerary, ports and destinations at ShipCruise.org
- List of one-way¬†Disney relocation cruises at RepositionCruises.com
- the line’s official website DisneyCruise.Disney.go.com,¬†and DCLnews.com
- the parent company’s website TheWaltDisneyCompany.com
- the Disney ship building companies websites -¬†Fincantieri.it¬†(Italy) and MeyerWerft.com (Germany)
- and the line’s article at Wikipedia, and the Castaway Cay’s¬†wiki-link.
List of all Disney cruise ships (Year Built/Passenger Capacity/Cabins_total)
- Disney Dream (2011 / 4000 / 1251)
- Disney Fantasy (2012 / 4000 / 1250)
- Disney Magic (1998 / 2400 / 877)
- Disney Wonder (1999 / 2400 / 877)
- note: this line has the options with the “Meyer Werft” company to build two more “Dream Class” vessels, but there’s no official announcement about any ship orders yet.
Each of all Disney cruise ships schedules 2014-2015¬†surveys will help you in planning better your ‚ÄúMickey Mouse‚ÄĚ vacations. See all Disney cruise dates of departure and compare their tickets prices – to know where, when, for how long and for how much your Disney ship will sail. You can vote for our Disney pages and share their data with all your friends via the ‚Äúsocial buttons‚ÄĚ below each Disney article. Enjoy our website, and always happy sailings with your Disney line!