This page contains information on MSC Cruises 2016, 2017 and 2018 sailing schedules and itineraries of all MSC Crociere ships. You can compare destinations, cruise ship calendars (sailing dates and routes) and cruise prices per person.
MSC Cruises 2016-2017-2018 itineraries
The MSC cruise line is an Italian line – a brand and division of the “Mediterranean Shipping Company” (MSC, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland). Just like the MSC Shipping is one of the world’s biggest players on the shipping market, its cruise company is one of the largest and fastest growing cruise lines in the world, operating some of the newest and largest passenger ships.
Follows the list of all MSC cruise ships. The information in barckets shows (Year Built/Passenger Capacity/Cabins_total):
- MSC Armonia (2001 / 2199 / 775) – Mediterranean, cruises from Cuba in 2016-2017
- MSC Divina (2012 / 3502 / 1800)
- MSC Fantasia (2008 / 4363 / 1635) – Mediterranean, cruises from Dubai
- MSC Lirica (2003 / 2199 / 780)
- MSC Magnifica (2009 / 3223 / 1275)
- MSC Meraviglia (Vista-class; new ship project, launch scheduled for 2017 / 5700 pax / 2250 cabins) – Mediterranean
- MSC Musica (2006 / 3223 / 1275)
- MSC Opera (2004 / 2199 / 856) – cruises from Cuba 2016-2017
- MSC Orchestra (2007 / 3223 / 1275)
- MSC Poesia (2008 / 3223 / 1275) – Mediterranean
- MSC Preziosa (2013 / 3877 / 1800)
- MSC Seaside (Seaside-class; new ship project, launch scheduled for 2017 / 4140 pax / 2007 cabins)
- MSC Sinfonia (2002 / 2199 / 777)
- MSC Splendida (2009 / 4363 / 1638) Northern Europe from Hamburg Germany, Western Mediterranean from Lisbon.
- MSC repositioning cruises (ship relocation itineraries))
The current list of passenger shipping lines offering cruises to Cuba in 2016-2017-2018 includes:
- Carnival-fathom (ship MV Adonia, leaving from Miami Florida)
- Royal Caribbean (ship Empress of the Seas, leaving from Miami Florida)
- MSC Cruises (ship MSC Opera, leaving from Havana)
- Compagnie du Ponant (yacht ship Le Ponant, leaving from Miami Florida)
- Pearl Seas Cruises (ship Pearl Mist, leaving from Fort Lauderdale Florida)
- Lindblad Expeditions (chartered sailing ship MS Panorama II, leaving from Havana)
- Celestyal Cruises (ship Celestyal Crystal, leaving from Havana and Montego Bay Jamaica)
- International Expeditions (leaving from Havana, charter flights out of Miami)
- Note: According to the current Cuban law, US citizens of Cuban origin (born in Cuba) are not allowed to visit the island country (including on cruise ships). Regardless of their US citizenship status, Cuban-born Americans were denied booking on cruise itineraries visiting ports in Cuba. However, the situation changed in April 2016, after Carnival Corporation negotiated with the Cuban government for allowing ships with Cuban-born passengers, as such US citizens are allowed to visit the country on USA-Cuba charter flights. The Carnival-fathom line started Miami to Cuba cruises in May 2016.
The list of MSC cruise ship departure ports includes: Barcelona, Copenhagen, Dubai, Genoa, Hamburg, Kiel, Lisbon, Marseille, Miami FL, Naples, Palma de Mallorca, Shanghai, Southampton UK, Venice, Warnemunde-Rostock.
MSC Cruises private island Ocean Cay (Bahamas)
MSC will probably enter the list of lines with their own private islands in Bahamas. The MSC cruise company started negotiations to purchase a small cay, and subsequently to invest USD 200 million to build it up as a cruise ship port of call.
The MSC’s private island is currently known as “Ocean Cay” (off Bimini islands / westernmost district of Bahamas). The island is at a short sail distance from Port of Miami, where MSC has two ships deployed for winter 2017-2018. The private island purchase will give MSC cruise passengers yet another island destination in the Caribbean, making the line more attractive for its newly built North America program.
- This news became a fact on December 16, 2015, when the sensational “MSC private island” project was officially launched in Nassau. The Bahamian Prime Minister and the MSC line’s Executive Chairman signed a 100-year lease agreement. It enables the MSC Cruises company to occupy and develop the Ocean Cay island, which will be named “MSC Marine Reserve”.
- The private island’s size is 95 acres (or 0,4 km2 / o,15 ml2) and has a beach front (all 6 beaches) spreading some As well as being the only marine reserve island experience, at 95-acres in size, and with 11,400 ft (3,5 km).
- The island development project is the biggest in the Caribbean compared to all other cruise line private islands in the region. The project’s cost is USD 200 million, scheduled for completion in 2 years. The break ground on the island development is scheduled for March 2016. The MSC private island will be operational and open to cruise passengers in December 2017.
MSC Yacht Club passengers will enjoy an exclusive access to the island’s northwest corner, where a spa and wellness complex (including private bungalows and massage huts) will be built. Part of the project are also walking and jogging paths around the island. Bicycle rentals will be also offered. Among the highlights of the new MSC “shore cruise” experience are also:
- water sports
- beach games
- family beach with a restaurant
- play areas
- an inland lagoon (adults-only)
- zip-line (across the island)
- weddings/celebrations pavilion
MSC Cruises private island Sir Bani Yas (UAE)
In early 2016, MSC announced their “beach oasis” on Sir Bani Yas island (UAE) available exclusively for MSC cruise passengers. The island is located some 110 ml / 170 km southwest of the UAE’s capital Abu Dhabi.
- This is a small isle ((1,5 ml / 2,5 km stretch / area size 387,500 ft2 / 36,000 m2) connected to Sir Bani Yas by a wooden boardwalk.
- The new MSC private island features shaded cabanas, 2000+ sunbeds, food and drinks bars, sports facilities, MSC Aurea Spa area, family-kids area, Bedouin tent (for hand-made local arts-crafts), lounge space (live music, full-service bar), hundreds of palm trees.
- The project’s development took over 2 years. The isle is also one of the region’s largest wildlife reserves. On the Sir Bani Yas island is located the Arabian Wildlife Park – home to 13000+ animals and millions of plants and trees.
- Inaugurated in December 2016 (first visit by Fantasia), the new destination is open for MSC passengers only, when their ship stops at Sir Bani Yas as part of its Dubai cruise itinerary.
MSC Cruises line is the world’s 4th largest cruise ship company (6% share of the cruising market) after Carnival Corp, RCCL (Royal Caribbean) and NCL. This line’s main competitors are the other Italian line “Costa Cruises” (Costa Cruceros, a Carnival’s brand) and the Spanish “Pullmantur” company (an RCCL’s brand).
All the points answering the question what makes the Italian MSC cruise line a distinctly special operator:
- List of cruise destinations: Mediterranean, Northern Europe, Transatlantic, Caribbean, South America, South Africa.
- the best cruise line for the Mediterranean, with good availability on round-trip Med itineraries operated the whole year-round.
- one of the world’s absolutely best cruise lines for Honeymoon cruise deals.
- this is the only one privately owned cruise company, with modern ships of unique designs with elegantly decorated venues. All MSC passenger ships since MSC Lirica are christened by the movie actress Sophia Loren.
- charmingly amazing highly personalized service by all Italian officers and crew (highly qualified and helpful), the traditional Italian ambiance of hospitality and friendliness at its finest, travel experiences often described as unforgettable.
- on of the best cruise line choices for budget-minded travelers offering affordable to absolutely cheap cruise fares
- authentic Italian cuisine, fixed dining, alternative dining options (sushi, casual/buffet, an Italian restaurant)
- onboard announcements made in 5 languages (Italian, French, Spanish, English, German)
- special onboard facilities and activities – “Aurea Spa” (wellness center, expert Balinese masseuses, acupuncturists, beauty therapists), classes (Yoga, aerobics, Pilates, dancing), sport tournaments (soccer, basketball, tennis), large theatre productions, cabaret shows, classical concerts, themed party nights.
- the “MSC Yach Club” (a special VIP area) on the newest ships of the Fantasia-class – a luxury onboard complex of cabins & suites, offering 24hr Butler Service, Concierge Reception, with its own Yacht-guests exclusive lounge, a private restaurant and a pool with 2 Jacuzzis, also including the Aurea Spa Suites. Many travelers have praised this, as they call it, a “ship within the ship” concept of the MSC line and its top luxury Hotel & Spa experience.
Follows a list of external links (opening in new tabs) to:
- official (global) website MSCcruises.com
- Italian website MSCcrociere.it
- parent company (global) website MSCgva.com
- main shipbuilding company website STXEurope.com
- one-way MSC Crociere relocation cruises at RepositionCruises.com
- MSC deck plans and cabins at CruiseShipDeckPlan.Com
Our MSC cruise ships schedules will give you all sailing dates and their tickets prices. Compare prices, departure and arrival dates in ports to plan your always perfectly Italian MSC vacations by knowing where and when all MSC ships go – and for how much. You can vote for our MSC pages and share their free of charge information with all your friends by using our “social buttons” below each MSC ship article. Enjoy our website, and always happy sailings with your most Italian MSC line!